NWCI is dedicated to the health and safety of our Staff, Apprentices, their families, and our communities. We will continually post updates and resources to assist those affected by the Coronavirus as we know more.
- 6/11/2020: NWCI will be reopening and starting Online courses with individual shop time in July. Click here to read the announcement from Bob Susee
- 4/3: Governor Jay Inslee has extended the Washington state Stay-At-Home mandate. NWCI Training Centers will be closed until May 4th in accordance with this update. Read more from the Governor here.
- 3/26: The WA Governor has published additional guidelines for Construction during the Stay Home period. Click here to read the release from the Governor’s office.
- 3/24: VA Update: VA is now accepting electronic signatures and encouraging electronic communication due to Coronavirus. Click here to read more.
- 3/23: Governor Inslee has mandated all non-essential businesses close for the next two weeks in an effort to stop the virus. Click to read more.
- 3/16: All NWCI classes cancelled until April 25th, 2020 due to Coronavirus. Read the message from Director Bob Susee here.
- 3/16: Governor Jay Inslee directs that all in-person Apprenticeship training must cease. Click here to read the notice from Washington L&I.
- Unemployment resources have been expanded to assist those that lost their jobs due to the virus. Click here to read more
- Registered Apprentices may qualify to receive help from ANEW. Click to read more.
- Click here for a list of Free Grab and Go Meal Sites for children up to 18 years of age.
- Click here for Tips on Dealing with COVID-19
- Counseling is available for Apprentices through the Employee Assistance Program. The initial assessment is free of cost, and counselors are available for a variety of problems. Click here to learn more.
- Online Courses are available now for OSHA! Click here for the list of OSHA Approved Online Course providers
- We have compiled a list of accepted First Aid, CPR, and AED Training Providers. Click here to view that list, and follow the links to the Training provider website. *Note: Online-only Training may not meet requirements of workplace certification.