Please read through each step below before starting your application via the button at the bottom of the screen.
Step 1: Decide on a Trade for Application
Click on each of the Trades under the Careers tab. Read through the descriptions and decide which trade you would like to apply for. You can apply to only one Trade at a time. Once chosen, enter the chosen Trade along with your basic identity details to start your application.
Step 2: Choose Trade Orientation
Next, you must choose a date and location for your Trade Orientation. You will then be able to choose from the scheduled TOs for the training center nearest to your address. This selection is based on your ZIP Code and selected Trade, so make sure you’ve entered the correct Zip Code. Be sure to choose a date and time you can commit to attending and remember, no late arrivals are allowed.
Step 3: Complete Application
After selecting your trade and setting your Trade Orientation date, you will be able to complete filling out the rest of your information. This includes Work and Education history and personal details.
Step 4: Complete Online Survey
After your application has been submitted and your Trade Orientation date is set, you will receive an E-Mail from your Program Specialist. Make sure to keep your eyes out for this E-Mail and complete the tasks assigned in that E-Mail promptly. If you do not complete this online quiz, you will not be allowed to complete your Hands on Assessment.
Step 5: Attend Trade Orientation
Hands on Assessment
When you show-up for your Trade Orientation class, you will be asked for proof of age (valid, government issued I.D.) If you can’t provide this on the first day, you may have to start the process again.
No Late Arrivals
Hands-on Assessment requirements:
- Carry 5 sheets of ¾” plywood
- Carry 20/8′ 2x4s (4 stacks of 5 each)
- Lift 4/50 lb. boxes of nails into a wheelbarrow, then push it through an obstacle course
- Climb a 6 foot scaffold to an enclosed deck, then pull up a weighted bucket (30 lbs.) attached to a rope a total of 5 times
- Climb a 6′, 8′ & 12 step ladder to the 3rd step from the top and a 20′ extension ladder to a height of 10′.
- Perform a timed measuring exercise
- Perform a timed exercise driving nails – Drive 10 / 16d sinkers with a framing hammer
- Perform a timed exercise running drywall screws – Run 10 drywall screws with a screw gun
- Decimals and Fractions
- Hard sole shoes or work boots
- Work clothes, jeans and shirt with sleeves with gloves (Dress as you would on a job site)
- No athletic shoes or flip-flops
- No shorts or tank tops
- COVID-19 Requirement: Masks are required to be worn at all times when at the training center.
Step 6: Attend Interview
Applicants who meet the minimum threshold (60 points) will be placed on a ranked list & may be eligible for an interview at the discretion of the Sub-Committee according to industry need. Those with the highest combined scores from the interview and Trade Orientation will be accepted as Apprentices according to industry need.
Ready to get started?